March 15, 2012 - "Where are the brakes???"


Hold the fold! I was just leisurely enjoying school when all of the sudden - wham! things sped up to roughly the speed of light and haven't stopped yet! (that's why I skipped writing a February update) Every week is packed with school, work , and things @ church, and in the last month and a half I've had something going on every weekend except for one. I think the next 2 months are going to look just about the same, but I am seriously loving it. 

Since my last update, which was written before school started, I guess about 2 months worth of activity has gone on and I could share it all, but I think I'll keep it down to the bare essentials so as to avoid a 5 page update. Your welcome. :)

-------------------Classes:
In my first block I had Oral Communications, Philippians, and Colossains/Philemon. I didn't die in Oral Communications, Philippians may be the best class I've had at school yet (close race with Romans and Hebrews), and Colossians and Philemon were super good - particularly Colossians as I'm now seeing and understanding for the first time what it looks like in my life when I'm trying to improve myself vs. setting my mind on things above and living in Christ. The next block I started Daniel/Revelation, Christian Life, and I & II Thessalonians. And now I'm in the third block continuing in Dan/Rev. and Christian Life, but also adding studying the Pastoral Epistles. I'm being challenged a lot by these classes in a really good way and am excited about it all. I also took Contemporay Theology and Partnership Development in the afternoon ands I loved those SO much. I could write 5 pages about that alone (but I won't) :)

-------------------Church:
2 weeks ago the whole youthgroup headed out on their winter retreat and one of our girls accepted Christ as her Savior!! It's been great to see relationships growing deeper and the youth group growing together towards Christ. We've had more teens showing up pretty consistently which I think has actually helped some of them be more interested in what we're doing and also has brought more life to the group. I really love getting to spend Sunday evenings with those guys. :) I'm also teaching mime every sunday now to a group of 8-10 youth ages 7-13. They are loving it like man loves sin and are really doing a fantastic job at learning the mimes.

-------------------Highlights and headlights
The greatest highlight of the last 2 months was getting a visit from my little bro, Chris. It was a great time of conversation and catching up, and it was a weekend filled with laughter. I also loved getting to see the Hannay family and my good friend Becky Richards. Such a sweet and encouraging time getting to catch up with them and just talk and laugh with them. :)
My life-headlights are shining towards graduation, but still seem rather dim as to what I'm looking at. As I look to God for wisdom in making these big decisions, I am growing in my trust in Him and am seeing Him constantly at work in guiding and directing me.

-------------------Prayer requests
I would greatly appreciate your prayers in regards to my future. At this point in time, I am planning to come home after graduation and over the summer I will continue working with Friendship Community (http://www.friendshipcommunity.net) and then from there I will need to start looking at whether or not I am going to pursue further education at another school, whether or not I continue working with FC, whether or not to jump back into DRAMA again, and many more options.

Also please pray that I would give my studies the time I should. It's been easy for me to procrastinate lately, but that always comes back to bite me in the butt.

With that, please pray that I would just be understanding what we're learning in classes. This Revelation business and upcoming eschatology class is all very new to me as I've always been nervous to study such seemingly confusing portions of scripture. Sometimes I feel kind of overwhelmed with it all, trying to soak it all up and think through it all.

                  Thanks as always for your care, your encouragement, your prayers, and your friendship! Exciting times lay ahead! My spring break is in about 2 weeks and I am thoroughly looking forward to being home with friends and family there again. :)

Blessings,
Jessica King

ps. I stole the photo above off of our website. Feel free to check it out: www.ntbi.org

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Till My Soul is Satisfied

Unity Ember Hughes - home birth story

Riding the Tsunami